Passenger figures for July show that Birmingham Airport has seen its busiest month on record.
Over 1.4 million people travelled through the terminal during July – almost 215,000 more than the same month in 2016.
This growth was driven by a rise in short haul traffic which increased 19.3% year on year whereas long haul services increased by 3.3%.
Jo Lloyd, commercial director at Birmingham Airport, said: “Every month we are seeing significant passenger growth and July is no exception being in the peak of the school summer holiday season.
“This has given us our twenty ninth consecutive month of record breaking growth and our forth million passenger month this year.”
Scheduled traffic accounted for 89% of the total, with charter passengers making up the remaining 11%.
Our BQ Bulletin emails will land in your inbox at 7.30am, Monday to Friday, with a mix of the latest local business news, national news, and features to inspire you. Sign up here!
Click here to read our privacy statement