The airport has celebrated yet another month of record breaking passenger figures with November revealing 7.1% growth year-on-year.
A total of 693,033 passengers travelled through the Midlands gateway last month buoyed by long-haul growth up by 21.4% compared to the same period last year.
Chief executive Paul Kehoe said: “November’s figures are extremely encouraging particularly in regard to long haul services which are increasingly in demand.
“We expect December to also be very strong as we welcome passengers over the busy holiday period.
“If December turns out to be another record-breaking month it will be the eleventh one this year which is fantastic news.
“2015 has been our most successful year to date but we are confident that we will set new passenger growth records in 2016 as we increase our destination choices and frequency of flights.
“We are also very excited to be introducing new airlines CSA, Qatar, Iberia and Blue Air to Birmingham.”
Scheduled traffic in November accounted for 93% of the total with charter passengers making up the remaining 7%.
Our BQ Bulletin emails will land in your inbox at 7.30am, Monday to Friday, with a mix of the latest local business news, national news, and features to inspire you. Sign up here!
Click here to read our privacy statement